Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chained To The Keyboard...

...but in a good way. I have been exchanging IM's with a lot of people tonight. I have actually started to lose track of everyone that I have communicated with. Let's see: Erin, Pricia, Woody, Stacey, Carl, Ashley, and Betty Walters. It has been fun, and the dishes are almost washed. This blog was apparently the object of a little attention from the Anchorage Daily News today. They excerpted, and linked to a passage from last night's post. I hope that some new folks get the chance to come here and enjoy themselves. Someone did point out my imperfect understanding of tundra tea, and I have tried to correct that error. It does not contain mosses. It is a small heather that grows on the tundra. This is what happens when you do not ask the question directly of the local folks. It was very good, and that is what matters most.

Ashley is still "on the line." She is one of our graduates from 2009, and is currently attending UAF. We are talking about movies, and the Traverse City Film Festival. I would like to figure out a way to be able to let her see the place for herself. Hmmmm-dear readers, any interesting ideas?? I have a few of my own, but any that you care to offer will be gratefully accepted...

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered contacting Michael Moore's company and asking them "friend" your classes?

    See if they will answer technical and artistic questions.

    They have already been contacted about your project and if you guys were to follow up those notifications maybe and ongoing relationship could be developed.

    From there I think the Traverse City connection might shake out some possibilities. Rewatch Moore's director's cut of Roger and Me (or maybe it's in additional materials). He talks alot about how generous and supportive people were. I think you could really touch Moore's heart with a good letter explaining where you are and what the classes are attempting.

    ReplyDelete