Sunday, December 20, 2009

Many Tasks...

Got my student much closer to passing his writing class today. He just has a little bit to finish tomorrow and Tuesday. We went up to Bethel, picking our way around the overflow, because the temperatures have come way up in the last couple of days. There was a lot of it all along the banks of the river, and it was hard to find a good spot to get across. It was even trickier in the dark on the way back. Fortunately, I have an experienced driver on whom I can rely, and I was able (I think) to offer some navigational assistance coming around into the Napaskiak slough. There was a snowmachine swamped in the river right at the southern end of the slough, where it meets the main river channel again. It was in water up to its handlebars. Most of the water spots aren't very deep, as they are almost all right next to the river bank.

After all of that adventure, prompted by my need to buy snacks for my class (and someone's desire to get out of town for a couple of hours), we came back to work in the classroom some more. The little lady has wandered off to steam, and I am sitting here at 11:00 contemplating doing some dishes. There aren't many to do, but it would be nice to keep on top of things for the next few days.

11:29. Dishes done. Mission accomplished. Time to think about the junior high for Tuesday morning.

P.S. I understand that we have a brand new resident of Napaskiak today. Congratulations to the proud grandmother, and all the rest of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment