Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sometimes...

The subtle beauty of this place sneaks up on me. I had one of the dogs out tonight after work. It has actually warmed up in the last couple of days, which is not to say that it is exactly warm. But it was warm enough that I was not in the hurry that I am on colder days. The sky was beginning to darken, as it does after our 4:40 PM sunset. The full moon had risen to about 3o degrees above the horizon, and it was already shedding its soft, reflective light off of the snow, which has gotten a fresh layer in the past day or so. The sky was clear, and the moon's features were sharply defined. It was simply stunning. I am lucky to live here.

I have a new student in my Ak Studies class. I hope that she enjoys the last three weeks of class. I will see if I can do something about that.

Math class is beginning to go better for me now, and that is gratifying for the moment. It will be interesting to see how long the momentum lasts. We are getting back a couple of our more disruptive students back in the nest two days. They didn't learn much after their last suspensions. We will have to see if they have learned anything now.

No comments:

Post a Comment