Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sleepier...




Because the blogger software tells me that there is already a post called "Sleepy." I got up at the crack of nine 'o' clock this morning, and it is still pretty dark out. I did get a snap of the sliver of moon that hung low in the sky in the south. The sun does not get much higher on the horizon throughout the day. It is very low and pretty pale. I wonder what it must be like farther north.

We had a steam at Joe's last night. I was laying on the floor, getting low in the heat, when Joe pointed out to me that my ass was purple. I checked later. It is. I took a slip on the ice last Sunday when I had the Boo out, and hit the edge of a stair with my tush. It is quite colorful. It was kind of smarty to sleep on that side for several nights.

I had no such difficulty after the steam and some melatonin. I slept pretty hard last night. I am still kind of fuzzy, but am trying to get some coffee into me so that I can wake up. There was some loose talk about going to church, but I think that it will happen tonight. I am going to ask Father if it is permissible to take photos in the church, as I understand it is decorated very nicely for the season. I would like to be able to show friends and family back home part of the story of my life out here, and the church is a part of it, even if it is a sporadic part.

I am not an especially religious person, but I do enjoy the peaceful contemplation that going to the church affords me. I also always enjoy seeing the Fathers there. The beauty of the ceremonies is also part of the attraction.

All of these small, quiet things, the church, the maqiq, the people here and their lives, make me want to stay here, make me want to settle down here and make it my home. It may never be for a lot of different reasons, but I would like it.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture. Thanks for excluding the purple ass as visual subject. Ouch - sounds like a solid hit.

    ReplyDelete