Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Time To Play Catch-Up

I have been behind in my blogging, because I have been away from the computer for several days. We have gotten to Cadillac, and have gotten the wireless up and running so that we can connect to the internet again.

The trip into the city in Chicago was fun, but I forgot to take my camera. Too bad-the stores were crowded with post-Xmas shoppers checking out the post-Xmas sales. I have been playing with my Kindle, loading all kinds of new books onto it.

We stayed an extra day in Chicago because of the snowstorms in the midwest and Michigan. despite that, the ride back to Cadillac was kind of dicey, especially the last 25 miles. I will be posting some pictures of the driving conditions. Monday was the birthday of Chelsea's brother, so we took him out to dinner at a restaurant called Red Ginger in Traverse City.

Tuesday was appointment day. My trusty dog and I both got our first haircuts in about five months. I went to the dentist and learned that I need to get a crown replaced. I can't get it done before I leave, but there appears to be a cavity under the old crown. I will have to get a temp put into place until June, when I return after the end of the school year. To make the day complete, the cable guy came out to install internet service and hi-def TV. He apparently was stumped by some aspect of the television connection, so he left that for me. Leave it to the lawyer-teacher to hook up the hi-def. For this they charge $50?

Tomorrow will be time to return to Traverse City, for family visits and shopping. It was suggested to me that the time would fly by during vacation, and I am beginning to believe it. I need to get my bike shoes ready for spinning class at 9 AM tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment