Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wow!

It's nearly 11:30, and I have yet to post today. Very busy it was, too. Still flaky kids who just want the semester over with so they can play for three plus weeks. I would be mad at them, but I want pretty much the same thing. Really can't blame them. There is a fella just dying to come down and see me from the district office, so I need to see him at 8:00 am and get that out of the way. I need to get my pal Howard finished up with his reading, so that he can finish up and start high school in January.

My sweet babboo got her review from the boss, and it was glowing. I hope that someday, with careful nurturing and sunlight, to be half the teacher that she is. I am almost jealous. I really wish that I was better at this than I am already. There are a bunch of people, who have actually seen me in action, who seem to think that I am a little over anxious about the whole thing. One of them is my mentor, so maybe I need to relax a little and let it happen.

Our staff Christmas party is Thursday night, and I am being abandoned on Friday night in favor of the girls' basketball team. I need to get grades done this weekend, and we need lesson plans done up before we leave town for two days, so I am just going to plan the first week and call it good. That way all that crap is out of my hair before I leave for vacation and I do not have to think about it when I get back at all. So there.

Finally, we need to make up a visiting list, so we can see people before we leave town. Very necessary.

I did not intend to prattle on so, because it is time for bed. I like my job. I love my village. I hope that we can make this work for a while. Good night until tomorrow, Napaskiak...

No comments:

Post a Comment