Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hump Day Is Over...

Just got back from school about twenty minutes ago. I was at school until about 7:30 or so; part of that time was spent on the treadmill, part helping one of my students after school, and part of it Skpying with two of my AKT2 buddies. The days are now flying by, and there is lots to get done. Kids are starting to work when they haven't before, because eligibility for basketball is becoming an issue. I personally intend to use it shamelessly, my only regret being that ALL of my students are not trying to go out for the junior high team.

I am beginning to notice some glimmer of a change in the junior high students. It is faint, and it is extremely subtle, and sometimes nonexistent, but there is something going on there. I just hope it isn't the freight train at the end of the tunnel.

I still want to get my spin bike, but it is hard to get in touch with the folks in California when I get out of work 15 minutes after they close.

My freshmen in English are making me happy, as I think we were able to get some really good stuff out of the book that we just finished reading.

I like it here. It is finally starting to feel how I had hoped it would feel. Of course, I must point out that the people here, for the most part, were never the issue in my mind. It feels nice to think about coming back after Christmas. I wonder what the schedule will look like then, and what classes I will be teaching. I think that it will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment