Friday, December 25, 2009

More Christmas Stuff

Like basketball, and snoozing on the couch, and walking the dogs...going to the drug store and the bank...a fella could get spoiled by all of these creature comforts...I must admit to some mild culture shock upon arriving at O'Hare Airport, in spite of the fact that I have been there many times before. All of the stimulus was familiar yet strange at the same time. I can't imagine what it must be like for someone like the seniors from 2008 when they came here.

There is some loose talk about a movie in a few hours, and that will be a fun alternative. I have always been a movie fan, and I have not been to one since the film festival just before my departure for Alaska.

The big storm seems not to have wreaked the sort of havoc that was feared here, although it appears to have been plenty nasty off to the west. I think that the plan will be to head into the city tomorrow on the train and do a little post-Christmas Christmas shopping. If the weather clears, we will be heading to Cadillac on Sunday.

I have also been playing with my new Kindle, and will be loading lots of books onto it before I leave. It is a pretty neat gizmo. Needless to say, I have the type set for the maximum size.

Another dog walk is the next likely item on the agenda. That's about it for now...hope that all the readers of this little blog have a Merry Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment