Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Night...

The best night of the week. I've just been hanging out w/the cohabitor, who has trekked off to a 10 PM steam. She should be back in an hour or so. Think I will arrange a nice surprise for her return. She has really been a rock through this often difficult transition. I'm trying to think of a nice Xmas present for her...hey, wait a minute, she reads this thing! Never mind.....

Kids were a little flaky today, but the day was over at the usual Friday time, so I have no complaints. PD consisted mostly of a little scheduling, a few announcements, and a couple of hours worth of working at my desk. It allowed me to do some catching up on writing grading, and to do a little early prep for next week. I still need to do some additional record-keeping, and, of course, some lesson planning. It doesn't strike me as a problem...

There is a movie showing tomorrow at the school-student council will be working it, and I think that I will show up to help. I am finally getting over the need to be out of the building as much as I needed to be during the first couple of months of the year.

Everything is getting more comfortable, which I hope is a good thing. I have always been suspicious of the notion of comfort, because I thought that it could too easily lead to complacency. If I can keep my guard up against that, perhaps comfort will ultimately prove to be positive. By the way, I got triangle-shaped flash cards for my 7th graders today (!). Maybe I am turning into a geek...

No comments:

Post a Comment