Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Night After Church...

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, and that is good. We had a missing prodigal, and that stirred some blood pressures around here, but it wasn't long before the sheep was returned to the fold. I was happy to hear the news, and life progressed from there.

I saw Jason, one of our friends, and congratulated him on his upcoming marriage plans. He wanted to congratulate me, but I pride myself on being a moving target...we saw him and his intended, Dana, at church, and they came over for lasagna and tea. All four of us rode back in the cab of his pickup, which was a very intimate ride (old fashioned single bench seat).

Church was nice. I like to go a lot, and probably see myself doing it more regularly after we get back. When I go, I find myself wondering why I don't more often. I think that I really just go for the warm hugs that I get from Fathers Vasily and Victor. I always feel so accepted there.

Jason and Dana didn't stick around for cake, and it was suggested that we go visiting with it, but I am still having a hard time getting my head around the concept of "just dropping in" at nine o'clock on a Sunday night. We need to get out this week, though, because there are definitely people that I want to see before we leave on the 23d. I am so torn about going, and I really am confused about why it keeps coming back into my head like this. I thought at first that it was the logistical nightmare involved with travel. I am not sure that explains it.

I like it here. I like walking to work, not having a TV, and going steaming. I like walking around without a wallet or cash for weeks at a time. I like not having a car. I like living like this. I want to stay. It's really as simple as that. I have felt an attraction here the first time that I came here. It has gotten stronger every time that I visited. I have been here for four and a half months now, and it continues to grow. I would like to stay here for the holidays. I should go home and see the family, though. Maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment