Monday, November 15, 2010

9 Degrees...And It Feels Like It...

There is a real bite in the air tonight. Of course, I am sure that it has nothing to do with my proclivity to walking around without a coat if I am making short trips or taking the dog out quickly. And I am well aware that in a short time it will be much colder than this, much, much colder. But it is now, and I find it to be rather chilly for now.

We are off, I believe, in the morning, and on our way to Bethel. Me and two high school boys and the speech competition. Two days of peace, love, and forensics. My poor bride is probably blanching at my lack of sufficient reverence. It should be fun, and I will get to sleep on a classroom floor for two nights.

Monday is done-five left to go before Christmas. We just keep rolling along, and the school year along with it. I am looking forward to seeing people that we have not seen since August. I actually am just looking forward to seeing some different people. Variety is what I am talking about. I like the people here just fine. They have been great to me, and have taken us in with open arms. But I want to see my family for the holidays. It has been a rough year for many of them, and I would just like to see them with my own eyes. It is nearly time.

No comments:

Post a Comment