Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Snotty..

My nose, and our attitudes. The day after Halloween was not a lot different than might have been expected. There were apparently a plethora of behavior issues in the school generally. It was a day to get through, so we did. My cold is back, which is not much of a surprise, given the fact that we all hang around each other and give this stuff back and forth. Lots of crankiness generally today. I hope that it proves to be a one-day event.

I have been in contact with my homeowner's insurance company, and hope to have some response on the question of what they will offer to settle the claim in the next day or two. The adjuster said that they have been getting a lot of theft claims recently. Kind of a commentary on the times in which we are living, I suppose. A lot of people seem to be getting pushed against the wall, and aren't responding as we might hope that they would.

Most of what I read these days suggests a prevailing mood of despair, or at least depression. Out here, things have been tough for years. I do not sense the same kind of reaction to failed expectations. I don't get the sense that the expectations were the same at all. Maybe there is a sense of entitlement elsewhere that does not exist in the same way out here. It is hard to tell for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment