Thursday, November 18, 2010

Back Home Again...

Well, that was hectic...two days of the speech competition, followed by a teen dance, and a flight back across the river this morning, so that I could teach school. We managed to get the laundry done and even got the snowmachine out of storage and tooled along down by the river. There is some overflow, which is inevitable, but it looks pretty good overall. Joe B. told us tonight that he had taken the main river trail to Bethel and back again, and that it was fine. I had heard a rumor to that effect this morning while I was at the district office, and was glad to hear it confirmed. We need to run back and forth Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this weekend, and the main river trail is much easier to deal with than the back way from Oscarville, as I understand it. Life is good.

It seemed as if getting the "car" out of the garage had a salutary effect on our energy levels, and we were kind of euphoric tonight. There are murmurings about a "night out" in Bethel after our training on Saturday evening. It was during all of this that I realized how confining it gets here before freezeup. Maybe my wife is correct, and we really could use a boat, instead of the second sno-go.

The fellas seemed to have a lot of fun at the speech contest, and one of them won first prize in one of the categories. We seemed to enjoy one another's company. When I walked into the classroom today, I was met with applause and cheers. It took a minute for the kids to realize that they were not being cool and for some of them to start booing. It was still nice to get back. Now all that I have to do is clean up, and I think that that is what I will spend part of the day doing tomorrow. We have other things to do, but they shouldn't take all day.

I am thankful for my wife, and my friends, and my home. That is for starters...

No comments:

Post a Comment