Friday, November 19, 2010

Flung Into The Air...

Well, she is at it again...that is right, my wife is yet again trying to kill me with a snowmachine...first, she tried to run us into a gigantic pipe, then she followed the directions of a mysterious character and jumped into a large ice ridge, depositing both of us on to the ice in abrupt fashion. This, of course, after a certain someone criticized my driving earlier in the evening, which only resulted in our safe, dry arrival in Bethel, despite my having to leap enormous watery fissures in the ice surface.

OK, now for the truth, which is pretty close to that. We did get dumped, and I did get us there in one piece. The river road was pretty good, for the most part. There were a couple of interesting parts, but nothing horrible. I did request that my wife drive the home route, because she knows the back ways around Bethel better, and I do not see as well in the dark.

As for the evening in question, I think that Joe had the wiser idea, when he went to the high school to watch his son wrestle. I wish that it were not so. We did a lot of the groupthink exercises that we inflict upon our students in the name of "best practices." It is an education union, but really...I question the utility/necessity of tying up a bunch of busy people for the entire weekend for this. I could be dealing with my more immediate reality and doing lesson plans.

It is late and we are both weary, but we did get up and back, and we might again tomorrow. But the weather is warming, and it was raining when we left Bethel. What conditions are like in the morning remain to be seen. A good night's sleep sounds like the thing that I would like most in the world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment