Friday, November 12, 2010

A Nice Friday...

And the mellow evening is a nice cap to the day. I am happy to see that my kids are reading, especially the new graphic novels that the boss bought for the library. The students actually seem excited about getting their noses into a book, and that is far different from last year's situation. A couple of my girls are reading Out Of The Dust, which we read last year. I was just doing some selections of it as a read-aloud, and they asked me if it would be OK if they just read the whole thing. Needless to say, I was more than happy to oblige. I have another student who got his hands on a prose compilation of Greek stories, including versions of the Iliad and the Odyssey. I have a modern translation of the Iliad that I would like to share with him. I have been reading about some different things to do for reading, and I am thinking about doing a Friday poetry slam, where people could share favorite poems in front of the class.

We had a staff family night at the school, and we went for volleyball and pizza. My bride is still over watching what appears to be developing into a slumber party at the school with the kids from Fairbanks and some of ours. It was a week with lots of points of tension, but a lot of things that went well, too. On the balance, I would have to rate it positively overall. Maybe I will stick around a while, now that I think of it.

This place needs some love and vacuuming tomorrow, and I have lots of school things to get done as well. But I don't have to get up to an alarm clock tomorrow, and that is great as far as I am concerned...

No comments:

Post a Comment