Monday, November 8, 2010

I Am More Delicate Than Some People Realize...

It must have been the stylish way that I survived the car crash thing, but some people around this house apparently think that I am invincible. All that I can say in response is "ouch." This reinforces the notion that I had after last year that I should not ordinarily engage in the stick pull contest with teenage boys, unless they happen to be in junior high. One more time-ouch. I hope to be on the road to recovery soon.

On the more positive side of the athletic coin, a group of four old, out-of shape staff members managed to beat a team of young, athletic junior high kids at volleyball today. It must have been because they outnumbered us. They were awfully good at mouthing off when they scored a point. The rest of the time, they were mostly awful. Not a lot of team play there. There was a lot of finger-pointing and blaming, however. Aw, shucks.

Monday was otherwise pretty much Monday. Real flaky. And that was me. Don't even ask about the kids...on the other hand, it is over, and there are only six more to go before we get a break.

The visitors from Fairbanks managed to get across the river, and the visit is in full swing. I am not going to the speech competition in Bethel, as it is apparently not happening until next week. I will be going then. That will make next week really interesting, as we have no students on Friday. We get another inservice instead.

Doesn't matter-we are getting close to Thanksgiving, and that is what counts. That may be all that counts at this point. I do have to say, however, that this year is going along much better and easier than last year, and I am hopeful that I may actually make it in this business eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment