Sunday, November 21, 2010

Well, That Was Energetic...

I never did make it out of my hoodie and pajama pants today. I liked it that way, if you must know the truth. We have a short week because of the holiday, and something tells me that I am going to focus on sleep for a good part of the next seven days. I feel as if I need it, perhaps due to the number of nights that I find myself in insomnia land.

The weather has warmed up and stayed there since Friday night. The search and rescue people along the river are warning people off of the ice. The trail to Bethel from here, which was opened last Saturday, has now been closed. We are isolated again, at least as far as ground travel is concerned, and there is certainly no way to travel by boat. I am tempted to put the snowmachine back into storage, but most of the snow has already melted today.

I am definitely saddened by these developments. We were going to go out to dinner on Saturday night, but that got put on hold with the weather. Maybe for Christmas. On the positive side, we did get some work done yesterday, and that allowed us to relax today. We were originally supposed to have spent all weekend in training exercises in Bethel. I am not too sad about having missed out on that. I am thinking that I am about trained out for the calendar year 2010. I sincerely hope that we are mostly done with that nonsense until January. Of course, I am aware of the fabulous AKT2 webinar which will be coming up sometime in December, but that is only one wasted hour out of my life.

A gloomy day nears its end, and the dog wants to go out. Regardless of whatever drama transpires in my life, there is always the constant, the pedestrian, the dog that wants to pee on the porch post. I like him a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment