Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Hump Day Cometh...

Another one in the books. We did a webinar for AKT2 this afternoon, which was plagued by technical difficulties on my end of things that kept me frantically trying to get on line for nearly fifteen minutes. Gosh. For reasons that I have not heard explained, our internet service has been glacial lately, especially during the day. I am glad to have the access in the evenings and weekends to keep in touch with my family and friends, but I do think generally that the idea behind the whole thing is to provide educational access during the school day. I tried to access our online service associated with our science curriculum, and that was glacial as well. Both of these things happened while I was plugged in with an Ethernet cable, not surfing off an airport. It is kind of weird.

Our webinar convo was about assessment, a subject that I have heard discussed a lot this year. We had a presentation on formative assessment at my second-year inservice, followed shortly thereafter by the same presentation at a district-wide inservice. I recognize the value of the conversation, but this one has been done to death this year. It was nice to hear from some of my comrades, though. It is good to hear from the folks that I went through training with.

Tomorrow is the good old hump day of the week. I am hopeful that this one will not be memorable. I tend to prefer it that way. Of course, I guess that it could be memorable in a good way, which would be really cool. I am just not that comfortable with the downside risk, I guess. There is always something interesting to do or to try, so that does keep my old brain chugging along...

No comments:

Post a Comment