Tuesday, September 29, 2009

5:45 A.M.

Oh, to hell with it, I'm up...too much to think about, too many thoughts crowding my mind. I know that this sleep thing is supposed to be good for you and all, but it just doesn't seem to be something that I do well or consistently. Why me? I try to do all of the right things. Maybe if I do more of them, it will work better.

When I originally got up at 3:00, I had this feeling of being confined or drowned. Very unsettling. A couple of weeks ago, Buddha had one of his occasional breathing fits. It scared the hell out of me, and I was unable to get back to sleep after that. I would attribute these "night terrors" to the current stressful situation, but they are not a new thing for me. For whatever reason, they have been around in one form or another as long as I can remember. I don't know if they have gotten worse or more frequent as I get older. It kind of seems that way, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment