Monday, September 21, 2009

Lucky Number One Hundred...

Oboy, so I'm sitting here watch it get dark, and I'm thinking that it is awfully late because I'm used to those long Alaska daylight hours, when I look at the clock on the computer and see that it is barely 8:10. The daylight is leaving really quickly. The long dark is about to set in.

Well, the results are in on the day, and it is a decidedly mixed bag. The junior high was mostly non-responsive, the freshmen just sat down in the road like a barn horse, and even Ak Studies featured an awful lot of sandbagging and featherbedding. Must be Monday. Some of the Ak Studies folks were working industriously, and I actually enjoyed working with one of the junior high kids on probability. Not a total wipeout. I still have the job, and we can try again tomorrow. There is the argument that the thing to do now is to beat them like a rented mule, but I never really had anything against rented mules. Besides, the equine similes are getting a little thick in here for now.

Oh, well, I can hope for an impressive showing in tomorrow's Ak studies presentations. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment