Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Interesting...

It never fails to amaze me...when I feel down...one (or more) of these kids makes me see things differently. I helped a young man tick off the first item on his list for reading class that will enable him to go to high school. We were both pretty excited. I got all charged up posting the information and making it official with my intitals.

He has a little longer way to go, but it was a nice first step.

In other news, we had a staff potluck tonight, and it was such a gas to see the little kids scooting around our gym, and it was even more fun to play with them.

A couple of weeks ago, we were having school pictures. I was standing next to the wife and son of one of our computer guys. She is Yup'ik, he is Kass'aq (white). The little boy looks up at me, points, and says "Apa (grandpa)?" Too stinkin cute for words...they will steal your heart, even if ya do want to take after them with a stick once in a while...I think some of them have stolen mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment