Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's Foggy...

...we had a few visitors of the itinerant type yesterday, and if they didn't get out last night, they may be here for a while. We have people who travel around this district, which is huge, providing various services. Out new social worker (for the students) is 6'1", and the junior high kids couldn't help telling me how short I was next to her. Of course, I am automatically one of the tallest people in the school. A couple of years ago, I was taller than the starting center on the basketball team.

Speaking of basketball, I got drawn into a pickup game with some of the girls at open gym last night. I think they wanted to beat up the old guy. Two of us beat four of them. So there. And I still stink at b-ball. So there.

Today will be a long day, and it is getting closer as I write this. We start with a staff meeting. I have at least two students who want to stay after school. There is a big ceremony tonight for kids who want to play sports, followed by the signing ceremony for computer usage policy, all of which is accompanied by dinner, which, of course, will have to be cleaned up. Hump day will present a pretty big hump today. Probably a 12-13 hour day.

It does get hard to stay out of the school, regardless of how hard one might try to have some semblence of a private life away from it. At some point, I just gave up. I do hope that Friday is a short day this week. I want a little rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment