Friday, September 25, 2009

Ok, here's the scoop...

So, I have had many facebook contacts and a phone message from my dad, so I want to get word out across the board: I'm o.k. I have been struggling with some nasty little stomach bug that has kicked my butt for the past three and a half days. It started coming on Tuesday night, and I didn't have much of an appetite for dinner that evening. I tried going to school on Wednesday, but it was pretty clear that that effort was not going to work early on. I didn't get any better by Thrusday, and was actually getting worse. I decided to go to the village clinic (thanks, Augusta!), and they communicated with the hospital in Bethel. The recommendation was that I go up there to get I.V. fluids and some meds. After some debate, I gave up resistance and went up there Thursday night. Many thanks to the YKHC emergency room staff.

After two liters of fluid, and some tummy meds, we decided that I could go home with a follow up appointment for this afternoon. We left the I.V. tube in place in case we needed new access. I felt better enough this morning to fly back to PKA, and am currently resting comfortably. I am supposed to attend a new teacher inservice in Bethel tomorrow, but I am not sure what I currently think about that.

I did come into the school this morning, and folks seemed glad to see me. One little girl in my junior high wrapped her arms around my leg. It gives me the motivation to want to get better.

P.S. Augusta pulled out the I.V. needle at the clinic this morning. It involved much hair loss on the back of my hand.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben,
    Sounds like you are doing better-wouldn't dream of telling you to delete-kids can be a....!!!! Pictures are awesome.

    ReplyDelete