Friday, September 11, 2009

AHHHH...

I just love Friday nights...the week is done, no thoughts of school or lesson plans for at least another twelve hours or so...time to relax and reflect...

I think that it is slowly getting better, and I hope that I am doing better, and will continue to get better as the year goes on. We had intervention training today, which is supposed to help us deal with and de-fuse crisis situations. In many ways, I thought it was some of the best training I have had since I started on this journey. As I was sitting in the room with the rest of the staff, I remember thinking how much I like the people with whom I work. As I have said before, I find that I like the kids more with time, even when they exasperate me. Not much to complain about, really.

We got invited to a birthday party tonight. MMMM, moose ribs. I am on a moose tear this week. Stroganoff, stir-fry, and ribs. It's good stuff. Very nice people, and I finally got to spend some time with Alex, one of the group of seniors who came to my house a year ago in June.

So, if I can get over this anxiety about being perfect, and calm down, this whole thing might work out OK...

Go figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment