Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Day...

Kind of nondescript, really. My bride went off for jury duty, so she was gone all day. She got back around 5 o'clock, and told me some grand jury stories (very non-specific). I suppose that once I get myself registered to vote around here, I will be subject to the same summons. I wonder how the system up here reacts to the instance of a lawyer on a jury. There was a time when we would automatically be excused. That is not so true as I understand it now. My former partner actually sat on a couple of petit juries back in Michigan.

Kids were kinda flaky all over the school today. Nothing sensational, but more like continued patterns of behavior. Many of the usual suspects, unfortunately. It gets old. I suspect that it does for them, too.

The money from concessions got counted and put safely away. Not a bad amount for a junior high weekend. Of course, they had to buy new supplies to replace the old, but we still made some headway. I will hope for a similar success this weekend. We have to get these kids a nice senior trip.

Basketball was an on again off again on again off again thing. It ultimately ended up off. Friday beckons, however, with the only home high school games of the season. We shall soldier on...I will be out Thursday and Friday for training. It will be a busy and broken up week again...

No comments:

Post a Comment