Monday, February 21, 2011

Off Tomorrow, and Off To the Clinic, Too...

I surrendered to the inevitable today, as well as my wife's requests for much of the last week. I am taking a sick day tomorrow and going to the clinic. I plan on parking my butt at the front door at 9 am, as soon as they open, so I can finally get what I am going to need to fix me up. This crap has been going on for the past ten days, and doesn't appear to be going anywhere. So, I walked into work first thing this morning and told the boss that we would be needing a sub tomorrow. Of course, he knows that I have been fighting through this stuff all last week, when we were so short-handed that it would have made things totally crazy if one more staff person turned up missing.

As it turned out, today also would have been a bad day for me to take off, but tomorrow works ok. So, I plan on some sleep and some TLC from the clinic, and hope that this gets me on the road to recovery. The sub plans have been written, and it is about time to curl up in bed with a good book (or Kindle). Good night, Napaskiak...

No comments:

Post a Comment