Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Finally. A Little Better...

There are still colds and flu raging all around, but I am beginning to hear stories of slow recovery. I am certainly feeling much better tonight than I did last night at this time. There is hope after all.

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon proctoring some testing in the high school, replacing my bride, who was again called to her duty as a grand juror. I will do the same with my junior high kids tomorrow, in several different segments. Should be interesting. I did part of the same test the other day with some of the kids that I teach in fifth-grade math.

I will be a bachelor this weekend, as my better half is off to Anchorage to chaperon at the state speech tournament. There is an executive board meeting for the union, and, as a member, I will attend. Other than that, I hope to catch up on some AKT2 obligatories, and get some homework done for my multicultural course. I feel stronger as the hours go by, and I hope that it is just a matter of getting another couple of good nights worth of sleep.

The wind is blowing vigorously outside, and I can hear the joints of this house creaking. The future teacher housing is currently under construction on the opposite side of the school. If I think of it, I will get some photos this weekend and post them. It already looks nice, and they are just putting up the frame and walls.

It is getting to the time of year when contracts are offered, and decisions are made about next year's staffs. What gets called "the LKSD shuffle" in these parts is about to begin in the next few weeks. It will be interesting to see what shakes out. As I suggested a while back, I have a feeling that more than a few of the faces that I came in with will not be coming back. It gives me kind of a sad feeling to think about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment