Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Wind Is Swirling

And the house is rockin'. There are blizzard warnings out, and talk of a big storm coming in from across the sea. It is a good night to be safe and snug and warm. Just hope that the power stays on.

My companion in life is still down in Anchorage with the kids at the speech tournament. I hope fervently that they are able to return tomorrow. The single life lost its allure long ago, and it is just too quiet here. On a positive note, I have gotten some much-needed rest today, and will try to sneak a little more in on Sunday. Most of my lesson plans have been completed-I just need some final touches.

After this full week of school, we have a short week, and our "spring break," which consists of a Thursday and Friday off. From the sounds of it, we will spend much of that time at the conference tournament-both the boys and girls basketball teams qualified this weekend.

Not much else is new-the dog is snoring as I write, and it is time to follow him off to sleep. I hope I can get rid of this crud soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment