Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Sunday! (and Monday)...

We had a rollickin' good time over at Erin and Carey's place last night, and many thanks to them and all of the nice people who brought food and drink. The game was exciting, and tense, and fun to watch in a hotbed of Packer fans. I believe that one person there was cheering for Pittsburgh, and there is never any accounting for taste. In his defense, I believe that he had some money riding on the outcome. The really great thing about the whole thing out here is that you can watch the whole game and still have an entire evening left for other things. The game started at 2:30 and was over by about 6:30, even with the bloated monstrosity of a halftime show. We were back in quiet, peaceful Napaskiak before 8 pm. It made for a nice day after the frantic events of the weekend.

School was ok by and large today. We had the usual assortment of Monday sleepyheads, but I chose to focus on those who came to study and learn, and the others caught up eventually. Time actually went by very quickly, and I managed to get my chores done as well.

We have a surprise basketball game tomorrow night, and that will break up the flow of the week somewhat. I am attending suicide prevention training on Thursday and Friday, something that I think of as vitally important. We finish out the week with more basketball on Friday and Saturday. It will be busy for sure.

A headline announcing the upcoming dates for Camai, the annual dance festival in Bethel, reminded me that the school year is running away quickly. I better get ready to keep pace...

P.S....I really liked the Chrysler Detroit commercial during the ball game. I am not from Detroit, but I went to college and law school there, and came into adulthood. I have a soft spot for that place, and the commercial reminded me of that. Also, I would like to welcome my latest follower to the fold. I hope that I find something interesting to say from time to time...

1 comment:

  1. I'm imported from Detroit and loved the commercial!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete