Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ouch, My Chest Kinda Hurts...

So, they tell me that I have pneumonia. Lovely. I am not entirely surprised. My darling was adamant that I not go to work again today. She even got my parents on the phone to talk to me about it. My dad has had this before and warned me in somewhat dire tones that it can be extremely unpleasant if not attended to properly. That is what ultimately found me writing sub plans at 10 pm. I have been drowsing on and off, but the pain in my chest has got me up at 3:45 now. It is mostly creepy, as opposed to excruciating. Something tells me that I may have gotten to this thing just in time. I actually feel worse than I had for several days. My hope is that the antibiotics and some sleep kick in together to start getting rid of this crud for good. I don't want to be down sick for my birthday.

There are not a lot of school events to discuss at this point. Next week is a short one, although I guess that this week turned out to be a short one, too. Our boys' and girls' basketball teams have made their way into the conference tournament, so I know that we will be going to Bethel for some hoops. I need to get my new driver's license, too. It will be a busy couple of days during our "spring break." Then we will be back at it, with about twelve weeks left to go in the school year. It is going fast. Much to get done yet. I need to get healthy in order to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment