Thursday, February 24, 2011

Well, It's My Birthday...

Yep, another one. Sometimes I am a little surprised myself. It is windy again tonight-I can hear the house rattle and shake in the wind, and it is raining or sleeting against the window. A dark and stormy night, to be sure. The weather station in Bethel, which is only about three or four miles away across the river, reports wind gusts up to 38 m.p.h., and it sounds credible from the noise going on outside.

I am tired, but uncomfortable. My back aches from being in bed too much for the past couple of days. I am having trouble sleeping in spite of being so tired. The tiredness is really what I am noticing the most about this thing that they call pneumonia. My breathing has fortunately not been especially troubled, and the coughing has gotten better since I began taking medicine. But there is a weird, vague ache down in my chest that frankly creeps me out. I am thinking a lot about age and mortality recently, and it seems to awaken me in the night. Sleep was better with the NyQuil regimen. Maybe I will go back to it tomorrow night. I don't want to pile decongestant on top of decongestant at 1:45 in the morning. It doesn't seem wise.

Time to try to sleep. I have to be scrutinized again today. I wouldn't want to be less than sharp for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment