Saturday, February 19, 2011

Still Around...

Not me, although that is true, but this crud. It has apparently turned itself into bronchitis, which is actually not too painful, but is pretty tiring at the end of the day. I could use a day or so off to rest, but we have been very short-staffed to begin with between illness and duty-related absences, and our sub staffing was very limited, and itself reduced by sickness by week's end. The boss thanked all of us for plugging along through at the weekly meeting yesterday, and was gracious enough to include a personal thanks as well. It is nice to be appreciated. I always think that a simple "thank you" is one of the best employee benefits that an employer can give out. Of course, large cash bonuses are always nice, too.

Back to the subject of rest. I have lots to do this weekend, but most of what I need is sleep. We have a four-day weekend coming up in less than two weeks, but I think that I have to find some rest between now and then. The coughing woke me up a little while ago, but now it is time to roll over and shut off this infernal typing machine.

I always feel that I learn a little more about myself during tough weeks like the last one. I just need to remember that giving up is never something that I like to do, even when my head is telling me "quit." Now, if I can just get that stubborn about sleeping through the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment