Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

The past few days have been hectic, what with visiting and shopping and going out to dinner with friends. On the first day of the new decade (I guess), I finally have stopped running and have become stationary for the first time since we left Napaskiak.

My friends and family have had all kinds of questions about the year and school and my life in Alaska. I hope that I have been able to give reasonable and informative answers. Of course, some of the questions are ones that are still unanswered, because much can still happen in the second half of the year. I have been taking the time to rest and recuperate, and now it is time to start looking forward to work that I need to get done before I return, and to start thinking about what I will do when I do return. Lots to think about.

Tomorrow will bring a return to holiday business-the kids and grandkids are coming for lunch, and we are going to a spin class in the afternoon and a birthday party in the evening. On Sunday, I plan on heading to the Detroit area to see my parents and siblings. The timing of that trip will depend on the snowstorm that has started, and that may bring one to two feet of snow by tomorrow night. I will go south eventually, but it might be a little later than planned if the snow is really bad. I notice that the Bethel area had no snow the last that I looked on the Anchorage Daily News. We generally get more snow here, but no snow in Alaska is a tough concept to adjust to.

For now, I am going to enjoy the two remaining weeks of vacation that I have available, and catch up with a few more friends and loved ones. I love my new life in the village, but I also love Northern Michigan. I think that I am very lucky in that respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment