Thursday, January 21, 2010

Honey, I Froze the Septic Tank...

Kind of an annoying day, at least the part with students. They were a little flaky, ok, a lot flaky. All of the better behavior of the first two days pretty much went out the window. With a few exceptions, that is. The main difference now is that I don't let it get me crazy. It does get me irritated, but not crazy.

Also ranking high on the irritation meter is the news that our septic tank is frozen. For those to whom I have not previously explained this, we have closed water/sewer systems. Water is pumped into a holding tank inside the house. All waste and waste water go into a holding tank outside called a "dog house." The dog house is pumped out twice a week. Or so it is supposed to be. It appears that nothing of the sort was done over the holidays. We now are blessed with a frozen dog house. The fact that we are not alone is not that great a consolation. We are fortunate enough to live close to the school, so that we can shower over there, and bring containers of drinking water as well. It is kind of a pain in the ass, but it beats not having that alternative.

There will apparently be some highly irritated contact with the Tribal administration tomorrow, and perhaps that will get the problem solved by some time during the weekend. Until then, we do our hygiene business at the school.

Tomorrow closes out the first week back to school. One down, seventeen to go. We have a working day on Saturday, which will give me a chance to do a number of things that I want to work on. As for now, I am waiting for some laundry to dry so that I can quit falling asleep in my chair and just go to bed. I still like it here, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment