Monday, January 25, 2010

It Wasn't Just My Imagination...

Yep, I have a cold. I have been pretty lucky in staying well since the hospital thing back in September, but it seems that the string has run out. I am not really surprised, because I have seen an awful lot of folks running around being sick, including those that I have not seen sick before during the school year. Maybe all of the partying and having fun over the holidays lowered our collective immunity.

Well, we shall just have to see how this goes. I don't feel terrible, at least not yet, so I think that I will try to keep the sick day thing at arm's reach for the moment. I probably shouldn't be going to work when I am contagious, but there are enough other people to do that work for me, if you catch my drift.

Meanwhile, the temperatures have continued to hover around the zero mark, which makes the question of when our septic tank gets thawed out an interesting one. On top of that, there will be a funreal here at some point in the week, which may put a hold on activity of a work nature for a couple of days. All that I can say is stay tuned. One of my friends out on the coast didn't have running water in either the school or housing. That lasted for six days. She got it back last night, while we were IM'ing on Facebook. I shall remain hopeful. Optimistic went out the window over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment