Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Really Had A Lot To Say Earlier...

But I think that I forgot most of it, at least for now...the day was a good one, and the kids were really pretty good. I may get the chance to go to Anchorage in February for some training, which strikes me as a good thing, because I always like the idea of more training, and I like Anchorage.

I did finally get around to ordering that spin bike, and now I can await its arrival with bated breath. We (my crazy biking friends and I) are looking at doing the Ride Around Torch ride put on by the Cherry Capital Cycling Club in July. It will be good to be able to train on the spinner right up until we leave at the end of May. That may actually be better than being in Cadillac and dealing with the extremely fickle spring weather there.

We were supposed to have a home basketball game Friday night, so that I could have seen the frenzied phenomenon that is Hawk basketball, but that seems likely to be put on hold. There was apparently a very bad accident while I was gone, and someone ended up dead. My understanding is that the body will be in the village tomorrow, and all b-ball activities will be suspended for now. Another home game is scheduled for next weekend. I am not clear on when exactly the funeral will be held.

I have been doing some preliminary discussion with my co-teachers about a direction to take now that we are all working together in the junior high. I think that we will address it in more depth when we have our Saturday work day.

Aside from that, and some extremely pleasant developments that are work related, but that I will not discuss here, I can't really remember what it was that I wanted to say.

Maybe something about maqiq...

No comments:

Post a Comment