Saturday, January 30, 2010

More B-Ball, More PD...

I got up with the alarm clock this morning. I never get up with the alarm clock. I am always up before the alarm clock. Not today. I actually thought that I was dreaming that it went off. Yesterday was a long and tiring day, not the least because I spent the last five hours of it standing and watching basketball games.

We ran professional development until 6:30, then I went over to the games. I managed to catch the girls' and then the boys' games, both of which were exciting and went down to the wire. There were lots of folks there and they were lined up along the walls of the gymnasium. A festive atmosphere prevailed, except when the refs called a couple of technical fouls on the home team because children were running loose on the court. No lasting damage was done, and the Hawks teams emerged triumphant. After some after-game adjustments, we were off home, and kind of stared at the walls in that tired way until we went to bed.

Today we have another half day of various professional development activities and reading. There will be basketball, too, and I think we will try for church to round out the day. Tomorrow will be lesson prep day, and I will try to figure out how to plan around standardized testing.

It's getting to be a lot of fun, in ways that I can't adequately explain, and the high seems to be giving me enough energy to keep working through this cold.

Later: one of my friends may change his mind, and a possible break-through in the break-in investigation...

No comments:

Post a Comment