Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ugh

Well, it got worse. Now I am trying to make the mental calculations about whether this will be the worst day of the thing,and whether I should call in sick today, or save it for a later day if I get even worse. Much to consider.

Meanwhile, the moon looks very lovely outside my front window. It is not quite full-that will be in another two days. I am struck by the number of clear days that we have here. Even though it has been consistently cold since my return, it is often sunny. Living in Michigan as I have in the past, I have come to associate winter with gray, overcast skies. We are not that far from the Bering Sea, but we do not seem to get anything similar to what we call lake effect back in Cadillac, where snowfall is enhanced by the waters of Lake Michigan. We really do not seem to get that much snow here. There was more of it on the ground back in Cadillac over the holidays than there is here even now.

Time to figure out the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment