Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ouch...

Well, yesterday started out well enough. It even stayed that way for most of the day. It didn't turn out so well, however.

I went down to Grand Rapids first thing in the morning to visit at the worker's compensation court where I practiced law for so many years. I saw many old and dear friends, and was able to share part of my story with them. I hope that I was able to satisfactorily answer all the questions that I was asked. It sounds as if things continue to be rough in the state of Michigan as far as the economy is concerned. It is sad to see what appears to be very difficult times for a group of people that I have always found to be fair and professional.

I went out later on with some of my old work mates for a long evening at the local tavern. Fortunately, it was a school night, so good sense prevailed (pretty much). Unfortunately, my tooth began bothering me in the course of the evening. I have a bridge on the bottom left side of my mouth, and that was inadvertently pulled out during Monday's dental work. It seemed to have been cemented back into place without incident, but now it appears that there may be an abcess there. Nasty business-I haven't had one of those in over twenty years. Now it is imperative that I get it fixed before I leave. That may prove to be a significant challenge. Stay tuned for dental drama...

No comments:

Post a Comment