Saturday, January 23, 2010

What Is The Matter With Me?

I have not posted a damn thing since Thursday night! Whatever can the matter be? Where will my fans go? To other blogs?? I must produce!!!

The days have been busy and mostly pleasant. Aside from one crappier day, the junior high has been doing ok. It is actually challenging and fun being in there. The tougher students have lost a little of their edge. We had a work day today, and I felt that I got a lot done. My lesson plans are done, although I might hone them a little bit tomorrow.

Parent-teacher conferences are coming up this week, and the body of the dead fellow is apparently returning on Monday, which means that there will be a funeral one afternoon. I did a week full of health lessons, but I may only get to use one of them. Oh well, the stuff can wait a week. I am also going to work on some input to the social studies class. We will have that class for four days, regardless of what happens.

We are still waterless, but we are able to shower at the school, which is close by. Some silly people have claimed it is only 30 steps away, but my count is more like 60. Either way, there are two sets of showers, so I am fresh and shaved after working and working out. There is also water available for coffee, and we hauled a load of dishes over to the school and washed them this morning. None of it is really so bad. I am looking forward to sleeping in, walking the dogs, and going to church tomorrow.

So here I sit comfortably, after a delicious dinner made by the best cook that I know, and it will probably be time to go to bed soon. How can I complain? Life is good on the Kuskokwim.

No comments:

Post a Comment