Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's Here!

The spankin' new spinning bike has arrived, and has been successfully assembled (not much to it at all), and I will be ready to ride as soon as my bike stuff and shoes arrive. OK, and I get over this cold. It sucks, which is why I think that I will be ready to go to bed pretty soon. We have another shortened day tomorrow, because of a funeral, but we will be working a long weekend, because the district says so. I need my rest, in short.

My beloved charges seemed intent on destroying the successes that they have had for the past week or so. In short, they behaved as they too often have in the past. Perhaps some of the behavior teaching has worn off. It is time to reteach. That, at least, is the theory behind positive behavioral supports. Of course, the crack their heads against the wall approach has its appeal, too. I hope that they get it together tomorrow. This weekend is the first team travel opportunity for many of them. Perhaps a gentle reminder that their trip can be taken away is in order in the morning.

We will see how it goes, as always, and hope that today was simply a temporary step backwards. Unfortunately for me, I kinda like the little goobers, even when they try my patience. Heaven only knows why.

No comments:

Post a Comment