Thursday, January 14, 2010

Still Alive...

It appears that I have managed to pick up a nasty little infection in my tooth, and I am taking all kinds of pills to clear it up. I will go back to do what's necessary to finish the damn thing off on Friday. The medecine is already helping with the pain and seems to have helped to reduce some of the swelling.

We are getting close to departure day after our long break. It has been absolutely great to come back and see family and friends. We have managed to see quite a lot of people and have been pretty active nearly every day of the time. Now it is time to get back to work and our schoolkids. I know that it will be a challenge, but it is one that I welcome.

I had a chance to reflect the other day on why it is that I do this, and why it is growing on me. It may sound corny, but I do believe that every kid is potentially reachable, no matter what they say or do. I may not succeed, but I definitely plan on trying. That is my philosophy of education-not very fancy or theoretical. It will be good to be back in the classroom.

As I think about my love for the village, and my love for Cadillac, and my love for Chelsea, I realize how truly fortunate I am and what an adventure my life has become. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment