Thursday, February 4, 2010

Glorioski, It's the 300th Post!!!

This is where I need some of those goofy emoticons like they have over on Skype. Then we could have us a little internet party right here at N.R.L.T.N. That would be really keen! Then we could have a big sleep-over, and make popcorn, and stay up all night...

I actually am staying up pretty late tonight, even though it has been a really busy day. I am all pumped up, because I actually finished my to-do list for the day, got some classwork recorded, had a kid pass a test (gets me all excited), finished standardized testing with the 7th graders, AND got in a workout at last on our spiffy spinning bike. Nothing like energy to get you through the day. I find that I kind of have a little work set-up at my new desk. I actually use a student desk, which affords me a view of the door, and allows me to converse freely with any of the staff or students that happen to be passing, and that is a generally pleasant thing to do after the formal end of the school day. Of course, at our place, the concept of an end to the school day is kind of a fluid one. As I was leaving at 8:30, basketball practice was still ongoing for the boys, and one of our students was doing some catch-up work with her math teacher. It is possible that they are all crazy, and it is possible that I am slowly, over time, beginning to join them. (Actually, I think that it is beginning to happen pretty quickly now.)

What to do? My best guess is to enjoy it and live life. I have spent too many months resisting the insanity. Maybe a better idea would be to jump on the wave and ride it for as long as I can. After all, my 56th birthday is coming is less than three weeks. Who knows how many more I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment