Sunday, February 28, 2010

Home Safely

Good news-the weather warmed up enough for all of the teams to travel back home to Napaskiak. There was a bachelorette party for Sara, one of our teachers, last night in Bethel. I was a little uneasy with the travel aspect there, but all went well. It is back down to -18 right now, with a windchill of -42. Impressive. It is mostly a matter of dressing properly, in my experience.

There are five high school kids coming to visit from Ben Eielson High in Fairbanks today. They will be here for the week as a part of an urban-rural exchange program that the GF has participated in for the past several years. This is also the week leading up to the district basketball tournament in Bethel. We will be having Spirit Week, which means that things should be hectic and exciting. It is a short week, as we have Friday off. No inservices or anything else, just off.

I am going to try my hand at a junior high social studies lesson for the week, which shold be interesting. My thought is that we will do an archaeology experiment with garbage from various classrooms so that the kids can understand how we analyze ancient sites that leave no written record. I hope that they will find it interesting.

The day should be busy, and I have already managed to overflow the coffee pot. A bad omen??

No comments:

Post a Comment