Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ooh, This Is Nice

The dishes are done, and it's not even nine o'clock...it't the earliest that I have been able to say that in several nights. I don't really mind the hang out at school til all hours thing all that much, and the company tends to be pleasant, but it tends to make for some long evenings. I had intended to walk on the treadmill tonight (I will be alternating with the spinning bike), but as I was doing some final cleanup, I was overcome with weariness. I even came home and napped for a short bit. A shorter day feels nice for a change, and it is good to have my little hovel put into some sort of order for the evening.

Tomorrow is Thursday! I know that I have to make sure that I get a few more of my kids into after school sessions, so that I can work with them in the relative peace that we get there. The writing session required by the district has basically been spat upon by the students, who are recognizing the same prompts that they were given in August, when we did this the first time. We also have another testing "opportunity" next week. I need to start getting kids ready for the SBA tests, but they also need to get caught up on their work in the reading and writing phases that we use. Much to do, and not always the most cooperative audience. Oh well, that's why I am a professional. After all, life without challenges is kinda boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment