Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Week Flies By

It seems so recently that I was having my little moment of gastric-induced Zen in the snow outside Joe's steam house, yet it is already Thursday. Many things to get done today in preparation for travel, and one last night to share with Chelsea before she goes off to chaperone with the girls' team to Bethel. She will be back for Saturday night, and then I am off for five days to Anchorage. It will be kind of lonely. We were laughing last night about how contented we can be just to be in each other's oddball company. It's one of those really inside jokes that no one else on the outside really gets. Not exclusionary, just hard to explain.

I find that I often wake up in the early morning trying to figure out some classroom problem or how to reach a particular student on that day. If I cannot figure it out myself, I will usually ask Chelsea what she thinks about it. She always has an interesting suggestion. I would be even farther in over my head if I were out here alone.

There is much on my to do list for today-laundry, lesson planning for next week, things to get together for this conference. I must also make sure to make time for the two of us.

1 comment: