Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This Bed Is Nice, But It Ain't Home...

The melatonin is apparently not quite doing its job tonight. Of course, as soon as I began to post this, the yawns came on in earnest.

My first day of phomemes, phonics, genomes (wait, that doesn't fit here), and it seems to be ok. No word of rioting in the Z.J. Williams middle school/jr high/whatever it is. My darling is loudly bemoaning the domestic workload when she has to do it by herself. Makes me feel useful in a way that teaching only does occassionally, given my newcomer status. She is always grateful, but my absence makes the gratitude note come into sharper focus.

I am learnig interesting things here, and hope that I can translate them into something that will help my students get to be better readers. They deserve that from me, and the fact that I don't have as much to give as I would like is frustrating. I can only hope to get better. Well, I can actually work and hope, and see if the combination is fruitful.

Back to sleep for now. Day two of five starts in four hours...

1 comment:

  1. I miss the dish bitch and the laundry one too. Most of all though I just miss you. I miss chatting with you at the end of the day. I miss cooking for someone besides myself.

    I'm glad you are getting the oppourtunity to learn lots but I hope you come home soon.

    ReplyDelete