Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Where Have I Been?

Sick. Again. Enough already.

It began on Sunday night. I got an invitation to steam at Joe's place. No-brainer, right? Before I went, I had a bowl of salad at home. Again, no big deal...or so I thought. Early on, I realize that I feel really full and uncomfortable. My intestines are beginning to make not-so-funny gurgling noises...I feel kind of dizzy. I decide that I probably should stay out of the hot room for a round. Joe and I are sitting in the outside room and I move over by the door to get a breath of cold air, because the room is way too stifling. As I am leaning out of the door, I think that I need to belch.

You can take it from there. Suffice to say that I found myself standing outside in the snow, naked, vomiting vigorously. Everyone in the steam got a nice audio show. I managed to get cleaned up and get home, but the stomach symptoms continued through the night. I spent the majority of the day yesterday in bed, trying to sleep this thing to death. On top of that, it feels like my cold has relapsed. Monday was a pretty crappy day. Literally.

On top of all that, we had a meeting of our AKT2 group about the myriad of submissions that we have to make over the next year or so. It is worse than I thought. My feeling is that we get relatively little support and an immense amount of demands. I get enough of that as it is in this line of work. There. I got that out of my system.

Anyway, today is a new day, and I am going to work on optimism and upward striving. I figure that if I spend an hour a day on the AKT2 stuff, I can get it done without too much trouble. We have standardized testing today that I need to proctor, so I want to get off to school a little early to coordinate that stuff. Time to get back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment