Friday, February 12, 2010

Home At Last!

I am so happy to be back in Napaskiak! We finished our session a little early today, and I hung around the hotel lobby with a couple of new friends, just killing time before I had to leave for the airport. I gave Kristen a lift there, and she was nice enough to return the favor by buying me a sandwich from the Quizno's in the airport. Although our flight was delayed, we finally got off of the ground, and within a short time, the lights of Bethel were visible out of the starboard window. I saw Joe's daughter, Jolene, who was headed down to Anchorage for a trip, and then just stood around smiling at people and waiting for my luggage.

After a meandering cab ride, I ended up at the always delightful Shogun restaurant, where there was a birthday party going on for Anna, our SIOP coach. We had some nice conversation with more friends, and then it was time to jump on the sno-go for the rocking ride back down the river to PKA. It was great to see my little hovel, and my puppy dog, and my sweetie. I had a great time, got to spend some time with old friends and new, and learned a lot (I hope), but it was really great to get back here.

Rumor has it that tomorrow will feature a trip to the Saturday market in Bethel. Maybe mittens to go with my hat???

No comments:

Post a Comment