Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sorry, No Mittens...

...at least any that I liked. Steve King has a way of insisting that he put in an order for gloves...I did see some nice beaded ladies's gloves on the table. Suppose he could have gotten those in his stocking for Xmas...unfortunately, Sara's mom was doing an art retreat and wasn't showing anything at the market. There are a few more Saturday market events before the end of the school year, so there are a few more opportunities for mitten shopping. Just remember Steve, boys wear mittens!

I was asked at dinner last night if I was one of those "lifers." This apparently refers to someone who stays out here until retirement. I like it here quite a bit, and I am starting to form relationships with some of the kids in the elementary levels, which I hope will translate into something good when they come into junior high, assuming that I am still here, or there, or both, as the case may be. I mean that I would like to stay. I guess that makes me a lifer "wannabe." The question now is whether I get offered a contract to come back, and if that offer puts me here. Potentially a trickier question. The contract season will be in full swing in the very near future, probably in the next week or two. If I pretend that I'm not thinking about it, I'm lying.

It was a beautiful day out here today. The temperature actually got up into the upper 30's, and there was abundant sunshine. We scooted up and down the river, and took the dogs for a walk out at the airport, and took a nice nap. Tomorrow we get ready for the school week. After two consecutive test weeks for my 7th grade, we get the last district writing exercise. I'm sure that they will be overjoyed beyond belief.

It's good to be home...

No comments:

Post a Comment